It seems like my time with Lucas just keeps getting better and better. I have these moments where I am just so happy he is mine I could burst. As he grows, and becomes more independent, sleeps more (finally!), learns new things, and interacts more, he just steals my heart. Then, of course, there are moments when he doesn't get his way, and lets out a banshee scream. Seriously, it is ear piercing, and loud. But the majority of the time I am with him, I am just blown away by the funny little guy that is my son.
He is absolutely in love with Mickey Mouse. If you even say those words, he immediately goes and finds his Mickey and then wants you to put Mickey on the tv or iPad. Ben and I have to refer to MM if we don't want him to watch it at the time, but are talking about Mickey. Of course, we don't always let him watch the show when he wants to. It is normally before a nap or bed, or when I really need a few minutes to put dinner together. But he just loves the show, and mostly the song at the beginning. If he is cranky and about to fall apart in the car or in his stroller during a walk, I can just sing the song and he will calm down. Of course, that means I am walking around our neighborhood singing the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song. But whatever!
It is just crazy to remember how hard everything was when Lucas was first born, and the first few months. It was a constant struggle to meet all his needs, and I was definitely stressed out about making sure everything was perfect. Now, he is happy and healthy, and I am enjoying the way he adds to everything in my life. I love being his mama.
No comments:
Post a Comment