Saturday, March 22, 2014

Life

Wow. How is it possible that Lucas is two and a half? And Juliana is 5 months?? This time just keeps flying by. I try to really relish the sweet moments that I get every day. Especially when they are surrounded by crazy, tantrum-filled, whining moments. Seriously, parenting a toddler is hard!! Lucas is such a sweet boy. I know this. But, man! He can throw fits like a pro! I have to keep my calm and just remember that this too shall pass. Because when he isn't acting like a terrible two year old, he is such a fun kid. He loves playing pretend. We will go on treasure hunts, narrated by Lucas, that involve volcanos, boats, pirates, sneaking, and find the x to dig up the treasure. Guess his favorite show. He will randomly decide we are on a train/boat/airplane and act accordingly. He will show us his pretend books, pictures, maps and tell us about them. I love his imagination.
(He's having a meltdown because he doesn't fit in the basket like Juliana does)

Juliana is my sweet girl. She is always smiling. When she wakes up, when she's watching Lucas, when she's in her bouncer, swing, or jungle mat. She's smiling. She loves talking to you. She loves being tickled. She is just a happy girl. I never worry about her. I can remember having anxiety about taking Lucas into public when he was little. I was always worried that he would start screaming and crying. He hated his car seat, so I didn't like taking him places. I never worry about any of that with juli. If she cries, it's because she is hungry or tired. And I can fix that. Otherwise, she is just a content baby. She did so good at Disney world. Just went along with everything. I just love her! I can't wait to see how her personality develops and grows with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment