Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lucas at 16 Months

OK, so I know I said this a month ago, but I can't get over how fast everything is going by! It has been a very busy month again. We traveled to Maryland to spend Christmas and New Years with Ben's whole family. We stayed with his family for the first time ever, since we had always stayed with my family before. My mom and dad moved to Augusta, Georgia earlier this year. It was really fun getting to spend time with Ben's brothers and mom and dad. Lucas got to spend a ton of time with them, which they loved.  Lucas and I got to visit with a few of my friends from home, and even got to meet my friend Alyssa's brand new baby, Henry! He was 9 weeks old when we saw him and so cute. Lucas did not like Mommy holding another baby. haha.

We were also able to drive up to Syracuse, NY and see all four of Ben's grandparents, his aunts, uncles, and cousins. Ben's grandparents aren't able to travel anymore due to health issues, so we were really excited to be able to bring Lucas to them. My mom and dad drove up to Maryland for New Years, so we got to see them a little bit too. Lucas was so excited to see his MiMi. His whole face lit up. I can't wait to see them this Saturday in Disney!

Lucas continues to surprise us in all that he is capable of, already. He is talking more, interacting more, and able to do more. For example, his first time using two words together was January 8th. I was sitting in my chair, finishing my dinner, and he wanted me to come help with his bath. Ben does bath time, but Lucas wanted me to join. So he said, "Mama, down!" He says "down" whenever he wants to get out of anything. His high chair, a swing, your arms, etc. He also gave me a high five the other day, then held out his fist and said "pound." We had taught him how to "Pound it" a while ago. He told Ben to "sit." next to him at his new playtable, which he loves. He is really starting to be able to understand what we are telling him and respond. It is so much fun watching him learn and be excited by the world!

We have met a few new friends that moved onto our street this past week. Two little boys who are both just about to turn two. The funny part is that Lucas looks the same size as them, even though they are 8 months older. He is so tall!

Lucas still loves snuggling, and I still rock him before his naps and bedtime. But he normally doesn't fall asleep until I put him in his crib. He just relaxes and winds down while I rock him. I enjoy that time with him because I know there will be a day in the future when he doesn't need or want me to rock him! He is growing up and acting like a big boy, but he is still my little baby.

My favorite thing that Lucas does now is give kisses. He blows kisses whenever he tells anyone goodbye, which is funny when it is the cashier at WalMart. But he gives us kisses on the lip with a big smack of his lips now. Yesterday, I had a headache and asked Lucas to kiss my head so it would feel better. He leaned over and gave my forehead a kiss! He is too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment