Sunday, April 14, 2013

Bad Blogger! And Pregnancy Update

Sooo... Confession time. I am a bad blogger. I have the best intentions, often thinking of things I want to make sure I write about. And then, Lucas goes down for his nap, I finish eating my lunch, clean up, and start reading a book. Or watching a show on my iPad. And then I fall asleep. At least I can blame my exhaustion on my pregnancy! I am 16 weeks now. Good grief, I can't even believe I'm that far already.

When I announced I was pregnant, people told me that this one would fly by. At the time I was just trying to keep whatever I had managed to eat from making an appearance, so I could only hope that they were right. I'm still dealing with nausea, but it is much more manageable. It's crazy how different this pregnancy is than my first. When I was pregnant with Lucas I threw up maybe five times. Total. I felt nauseated a lot, but couldn't actually get sick. This time, I wake up and run to the toilet at least 5 times a week. And that has been going on since about week 8. I've learned that I would much rather get sick on an empty stomach than a full one. So I normally get sick, take my magical Zofran, and then wait about half an hour to see if that will do the trick. Some mornings I feel fine after that. Sometimes I get sick again and start the cycle over. Good times.

I was hesitant to ask my doctor to prescribe Zofran, or any medication for nausea. I didn't need anything when I was pregnant with Lucas, so I didn't think I would need anything this time. In fact, I didn't take anything but Tylenol, Tums, and Pepcid the entire first pregnancy. After a 12 hour span when I got sick around 15 times (I lost count, but that's a good estimate) I knew I needed something. Anything. I do not have the luxury of being out of commission for days at a time. My little guy doesn't just stop and not require my time and attention because I'm throwing up. Luckily, the few times that he has actually seen me get sick, he thinks it's funny. Whatever, I'm just glad he isn't traumatized and scared.


Lucas is a toddler now. Not just because he is 19 (NINETEEN?! how did that happen?) months old, but beacuse of what he can do now. He is talking. Talks alllll the time. He narrates what he is doing.

Bubba run. Momma down. Go outside. Sandbox? Popsicle? OK! Yeah, sure. Dada fly airplane in sky!

Yesterday we went to the mall and he got to ride the little train in the middle. He is still telling anyone who will listen (me, Ben, my mom on FaceTime, his buddy Tanner) "Bubba ride choo choo!"
His vocabulary grows all the time, and he continues to connect words. He will say sentences, but he is also learning adjectives.
"Big choo choo" "Big shovel" "purple star"
He even identified his emotions the other day, which FLOORED me. We saw a train go by really close at the Wakomis park. The nice conductor saw us waving and blew the whistle. Scared Lucas to death. He clung to my mom until he spotted me, and then transfered his barnacle grip to me. Later he told us "Bubba see choo choo. Bubba scared." !! What? He is 19 months old. We talked about how it's ok to be scared, and that sometimes when things are loud they startle us. But we aren't scared anymore and they won't hurt us. He isn't my little baby anymore. He is growing up so fast!

Well, I will try to update this more often. I know I am already forgetting things about this pregnancy and Lucas right now that I want to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment