Well, our time here in San Antonio is coming to a close. Ben will probably be finishing up his training in 2 or 3 weeks. My mom is going to fly out here to drive back with me and lucas to Oklahoma. (thank goodness!!) I will miss the many restaurants, stores, and things to do here in San Antonio, but here are the reasons I am soo excited to go back to enid:
Not an apartment-- Our house in Oklahoma is a HOUSE! I do not understand how people with kids live in apartments. The apartment we have in Texas has nice amenities, but there are so many things I cannot stand. I hate being able to hear the people that live below us talking, what they are watcng on tv, and their dog barking constantly. I thought this was annoying, until the people moved in above us! They have a toddler and a huge dog. We can now hear them walking around, and whenever the dog jumps down off furniture or maybe just runs fast? we h a huge crash. It sounds like someone is banging on our ceiling. Normally this happens right when Lucas goes down for a nap, or when he goes to sleep for the night. Fun times. I cannot wait to have our own, quiet house back!
Decorating-- We moved into our new house on base in January. We will be living there for around 3 years. I feel like we can really make this house into our home now. We can paint, baby proof!, decorate, and relax in this house without having to worry that we will have to take it all down in a few months. I'm excited to make this house our own, starting with adding to the patio when we get back!!
Our stuff-- I want to have our things back. We had to leave almost all our things in Oklahoma when we came here because we could only bring what fit in our cars. It will be nice to have our things back again.
Friends-- I was very lucky that one of my friends from enid moved down here when we did, so at least I had one person to hang out with. But I am very much looking forward to catching up with old friends in Enid, as well as making new friends with the other IP's wives. Lucas loves seeing people and enjoys going out and doing things. I want him to be used to playing with other kids and interacting with other adults. Being back in Enid, I will be taking him to play group once a week, story time, and play dates.
All in all, I am definitely glad we had the opportunity to come to San antonio. I would not have wanted to be away from Ben for months if it wasnt necessary. And we got to do things like see the Alamo, go to sea world, eat out at lots of places, and go to the zoo. But I am happy to go back to our home in Oklahoma.
No comments:
Post a Comment