Thursday, May 10, 2012

Going Jack Jack

While we were home for Christmas, my mom coined the phrase "going Jack Jack" in regard to Lucas. When he would get really upset, he would cry until he turned red. If he didn't turn red, he wasn't really that upset. If he did, he was going Jack Jack. If you haven't seen the movie The Incredibles, it comes from there. At the end of the movie, the baby, Jack Jack, goes ballistic, and shows his super powers. One of them is bursting into flames and then turning into a red demon baby.
Here is a clip of part of it
http://kled-animations.blogspot.com/2010/10/pixar-short-jack-jack-attack.html

Anyways, Lucas does not go Jack Jack very often, in fact he hasn't done it in a long time. The time that my mom refers to as the worst Jack Jack was when we were down in Florida in February. I got a stomach ache and my mom and aunt Donna took Lucas with them to pick Jenn up from the airport. He was fine for awhile but then he had a huge meltdown in the car. They said he cried for about 40 minutes before he finally fell asleep. He has never cried that long in his life, mainly because he calms down when I am with him. So this was his classic Jack Jack attack that my mom and aunt refer to.

I still think it is a funny reference for anyone with a baby who has a melt down every once in a while. Just wanted to make sure I remember this so I can tease the little man about it when he is a big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment