Wednesday, May 2, 2012

10 for April

Since it's the beginning of a new month, I decided to write do a post idea I got from a friend's blog. It will be ten things about this past month!
1. Lucas's first Easter was this month! The Easter bunny found him in San Antonio :) He will probably be more excited about it next year, but it was still a lot of fun this year.

2. My parents came out for Easter, which made it even better. They got to spend time with their favorite grandson, I got to relax a little! And Lucas was happy to see MiMi and Poppy. He definitely recognized my mom, whom he saw in late February, but was a little unsure about my dad at first. That lasted about the first hour, and then he decided that poppy must be ok if we were all happy to have him here. I can't wait to see them again!

3. Lucas is on the move! He started crawling. First, it was army crawling all over the place. As in, from his room to the kitchen. He just started crawling on his hands and knees in the past few days. For now he is only doing that for a few feet, then reverting to army crawling. He is faster at army crawling now, but I'm sure it won't be long til he is crawling around on all fours. It is scary having him so mobile, but also a relief. He would get so frustrated before he could move himself around. He would want something he couldn't reach and do his skydiving arch and scream. So now he just goes and gets what he wants. But I definitely have to watch him constantly! He is a little stinker and is so curious about everything that he will find trouble anywhere!

4. Our friends from Enid moved down to San antonio! One of my good fiends from Vance came down in the middle of April with her son Tanner. Her husband is in the same training as Ben, so they are only here for a few months like we are. They are living in the same apartment complex as us! So we get to hang out with them a lot. It is so nice having someone I know down here now! Plus, lucas has a buddy too! Tanner is exactly 3 months younger than Lucas. They will be together back at Vance until they are almost 4 years old! Crazy. I'm very happy to have them with us now and for the next few years :)

5. Our favorite tv show is The Big Bang Theory. Favorite quote from this month "Howard, that's the nicest thing I've ever heard anyone say. And it came out of you!" -Penny

6. I realized this month that one year ago, I was struggling to finish my graduate year at WVU. It was a crazy time for me, and I cannot believe it has only been one year. It seems like a lifetime ago. I'm happy to be where I am now, instead of where I was then. Although I miss my friends in west virginia like crazy!!

7. I tried a new recipe from a book Aunt Donne gave me for Chocolate Lovers Cake. It was amazing. Let me know if you want to try it out.

8. Lucas is now taking all of his naps in his crib! This is extremely different to what he was doing a month ago. Up u til recently, he would take most of his naps while being held, in the car seat, or taking a nap with mommy. I was alright with this because I am a stay at home mom and love holding him :) So I didn't work too hard to change the situation. But I decided that he was getting Older, and I also think his falling asleep and staying asleep for naps helps him sleep at night. We gradually started shifting nap time to the pack and play, first one nap a day, then two, now all of them. I miss snuggling with him sometimes, but I can always nap with him one day if I really want to. This new arrangement gives me more free time than I have had in months! It is so nice to be able to get a few things done or just relax a little. I'm happy I had my time to snuggle with him but also happy to have time to myself now.

9. While my mom and dad were here, we went to the Alamo again. It is a neat place to go, since I have read about it and heard about it in history forever. However, Ben is unconvinced that it is something to celebrate. He doesn't understand why we are celebrating the taking of land from other people. Which is a valid question. But probably not something to ask while surrounded by very proud Texans. Haha. We had fun though, and it is a beautiful, historic place to see in San Antonio.

10. This is the longest post I've done do far! I decided that as an incentive to myself to keep posting, I am going to get a nice cover that has a keyboard in it for my iPad once I do 10 posts. It is a little hard typing on my iPad, NAND I don't have a computer down here. So it will be nice to have a normal keyboard! Hopefully that happens soon, so I better get to work posting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment