So once again, I have been distracted by this silly little thing called life, and havent been blogging! :) But I love re-reading my posts from when Lucas was smaller, and remembering what he could do at that time, and I really want to be able to do that with Juli. So I have got to buckle down and write.
Juliana is ONE. Craziness. Absolutely bonkers. She was supposed to stay a squishy little baby forever! Not really, but it seems impossible that she is already a year old. She started walking at 10 months. She has 8 teeth fully in, and four molars that have barely broken through. She can stick out her tongue when you ask where it is. She scrunches up her face when you tell her to close her eyes. She opens and closes her mouth when you ask what a fish says. She will immitate you when you moo , woof woof, or meow. She follows commands so well. If you ask where her baby is, she goes hunting for it until she finds it. If you ask if the baby is hungry, she goes and finds the bottle, puts the baby down and 'feeds" her. So stinking cute.
Juliana is our happy girl. She is such a content baby. She loves being out and about, is easily entertained, distracted, and has a happy face 99% of the time. So when she is cranky or clingy, it is really noticeable. She got her one year shots on Friday, and just got her reaction to them two nights ago. She spiked a high fever and has kept it until today, still on meds. She's much fussier than normal, won't sleep well, and just not her normal happy self. Which makes me thankful that her normal self IS so happy and content.
Juliana's favorite person is Lucas. By far. She gets so excited to see him when he wakes up from a nap and she's already been awake for a while, or if he's up when she wakes up. She flaps her hands and gets this huge grin. It's adorable. And Lucas loves Juli too. He obviously still has his (many) moments where she bugs him, touches his things, takes his toys, gets the attention take away from him and acts not so loving towards her. But overall, he really does love his sister. Just this afternoon, we got home from Chik Fil A, and Juli had fallen asleep in her carseat. (She boycotted her morning nap) I normally get Juli out first, then go over and unbuckle Lucas and we all go inside. But I left Juli in her seat, and went to get Lucas out. I had a few bags and a drink so I figured I would set them inside before getting her out of the car. Lucas immediately wanted to know why I was leaving Juli, and then made SURE I didn't forget her in the car. 8) What a good big brother.
Lucas also turned three recently, which blows my mind. It's like someone pushed the fast forward button because he is supposed to be my baby. He started a two day a week preschool in August, which has gone fabulously. He loves going to school. He gets to do all kinds of fun things, gets to hang out with kids, and I get a little time to get things done. The most important part of school, for Lucas, is the social interaction. Lucas is really smart. I'm not bragging. He just is. He has astounded us with his memory, problem solving, and verbal skills since he was 18 months old. The kid is scary smart. But he is a typical (just) three year old in other areas, like emotional control, egocentric tendencies, and social understanding. Preschool was the first time that I EVER left him on a regular basis. He never went to daycare, mother's day out, or nursery at church. Even his gymnastics class that he took, which was another big step for us, I stayed in the waiting room where he could see me on breaks, and through a window during class. So I was surprised by how easily he adjusted to being dropped off at Preschool and picked up 3 hours later. He never had a problem with it. The only time he had an issue at school was when they made him go to the bathroom. Too noisy.
The things Lucas says always surprise me. Just today I thanked him for giving something to Juli. He said "It's my pleasure." Haha, obviously we go to Chik Fil A too much, but how stinking cute is that!? His memory is amazing. He told Ben about going to a hotel with his Mickey pillow, and that he slept in a crib- that happened LAST September. Before he turned 2. And it's not something we have ever discussed since then. He just remembered it. He is also really observant. He got new Thomas the Train stuff for his birthday, and one thing is a tunnel. He looked at it and said, "Hey this is like the tunnel on Daniel Tiger!" I had no idea what he was talking about. I never noticed a tunnel on Daniel Tiger! But sure enough, next time we watched I saw that he was right. Then, I bought a pur water filter for our sink. First thing Lucas says is, "Kayce has one of those." Yes, Kayce does have one of those. I don't know how he noticed her sink faucet, or why he remembered that- but he did.
OK, that's a uick update of what my little ones are up to these days. :) More to come soon, hopefully!






No comments:
Post a Comment