Friday, September 14, 2012

One Year

Well, it has happened. My baby turned one. We had a really nice party this Saturday and celebrated with our friends here in Enid. I made way too much food, Lucas had fun being a cowboy, and my friend, Lindsey, took some awesome pictures.

Looking back on this year, it is amazing how much has changed. I have become so much more confidant in my abilities as a mom. I know that I can handle whatever is thrown at me. I know that Lucas is happy and healthy, and that I will make the best decisions that I can for him. I am so much more relaxed now about big things and little things. Obviously there are some things that I still worry about, but overall I just feel like I have grown so much as a parent and as a person.

Lucas has grown up before our eyes. It is crazy looking at the pictures from month to month, seeing the changes that happened so quickly. One day he was a squishy baby, the next a wriggling infant, and then all of the sudden he was crawling and walking around. I have loved watching him learn and discover new things. He is constantly surprising us and I just can't wait to see what he does next.

So Happy First Birthday to my baby. It has been the best year of my life, not to mention the craziest, most sleepless, most emotional year. I can't imagine my life without my precious little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment