How is it possible that almost one year has gone by since we met our perfect little baby? It seems like I was just pregnant and waiting expectantly for labor to start. And now we have this funny, genius, beautiful almost TODDLER. I don't believe it, even though I've been with him every day of the past year. So again, I realize how quickly this is all going by and how much I want to remember the little details. Here are a few "snapshots" of Lucas right now.
Silly Boy-
Lucas is so silly sometimes. He cracks me up every day. He will make the cutest faces, or sing to himself in his carseat. He immitates our voices, the tone and the expression. I will play a game with him where I hide from him and say "Where's Mommy?" in a sing-song voice. He immitates it and then cracks up when I pop out. This can last for 5 minutes or more. He is always smiling, and when he smiles at me, I have to grin back. That is how precious his little face is. He looks for me whenever he is off playing by himself, checking in with me to make sure he's ok. I smile at him and he always gets a huge smile on his face. I realized yesterday that my cheeks hurt in the evening because I had been smiling so much :)
CRAZY Smart. -
I know, I know, everyone says their baby is a genius. But he is! Lucas waves, blows kisses, gives kisses, high fives, and shakes his head no no. Whenever we tell him "no no" he looks at us and shakes his head. He is starting to really listen sometimes. Sometimes being the key word, but hey, a few months ago he wouldn't listen at all. He's only 11 months. He knows what he is not supposed to do, too. He will think about doing something he knows he shouldn't, and he will shake his head. He gives himself away! Then, he sometimes goes ahead and does it anyways, but still!
Lucas knows certain words and will listen when we tell him to do things. We will say "Where is your _______?" And he will go and find things. He knows ball, cookie monster, Einstein (His stuffed puppy), and truck. He knows Momma and Daddy, and says them. He knows MeMe (my mom) and Poppy. I will tell him that we are going to talk to MeMe and he looks for the iPad. (We facetime her.) He is always doing things that show how much he understands and is absorbing and learning. He is such a little sponge!
Well, I could just talk about Lucas forever, but I'm going to stop for now. He is asleep, and Ben is at a solo party, so Mommy gets to relax a bit. Til next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment