Monday, November 3, 2014

Juli at 13 Months

When Lucas was around the age Juli currently is, I did some posts about what he was up to.  I feel like these months all blur together but kids grow and learn so much that I want to remember the small things! So here are some of the things that Juli is doing now!


- talking! At Juli's 12 month appointment, they said she should be saying two words, in addition to mama and dada. I was a little worried because she rarely said mama, had never said dada, and the only other word she said was bubba. But the doctor said not to stress over it. So within one month, Juli's vocabulary has exploded! Here are some of the words she says
Da- daddy
Pa- up
Don- down
Ca- car
Ba- baby
Mmm- Mickey Mouse
And she is starting to use these unprompted.  For example, I used to have to say, Juli, do you out want to get down? Say "down." And she would say it. Now she just looks at me and says "da." 
She knows what a 
Fish says- opens and shuts mouth
Monkey- oo oo oo
Cow- moo
Doggy- woo woo

-Loves on her baby doll! This girl loves her baby. She flaps her hands around when she sees it, goes straight to it and cuddles and hugs her baby all the time. She feeds her with the play bottle, and today she even tried to give her baby medicine with the dropper she gets medicine from. If she is playing with her baby and it's time for her to go to bed or take a nap, she wants to put her baby to bed first (baby has a little bassinet). She gives the baby doll kisses all the time. And puts her up to my mouth for kisses. And she hands you her baby to watch or feed. It's adorable I just love watching her little loving heart.


- Loves music! She brings me my phone and says da (meaning dance) and wants me to put her dancing music on. (Favorite songs are Classic and  Shake it Off) She likes me to hold her and dance around, and she'll wave her arm with the music. And just recently she started really dancing on her own, bouncing around, spinning in circles, waving her arms around, and any combination of those.  This morning she was even trying to sing!! Ah! She's my little mini me! I love putting the music on and dancing and singing with the kids.

- Eating everything. We are still wary of dairy, but slowly introducing small portions of it, which don't seem to bother her. This month, she got her bottom two molars and one top one. The last one is just about to come through. So she is up to 11 teeth. 

- Reading. Her favorite books have animals in them. Open the barn door is her current favorite which has flaps that have animals underneath. She loves animals in general. She waves to every dog, duck, bird, cat, whatever type of animal she sees, but refuses to wave to people most of the time. 

Juli is everything I could've asked for in a daughter.  She is sweet, funny, sassy, and smart. I am absolutely loving this age where she is starting to communicate more and more with us. I can't wait to hear more about what she has to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment